In 2018, the asset management sector in South Africa handled approximately R4.6-trillion in private equity and assets – nearly the equivalent of the country’s gross domestic profit (GDP) for the same year. At this valuation, it’s clear that this industry plays a crucial role in the allocation of capital that is essential for the growth, development and evolution of our economy and society.

Of the 48 Black Asset Managers (BAMs) in the market, the top five control approximately 65% of the assets available for management. The remaining 35% is divided among 43 firms.



Barriers of entry for BAMs


Order the latest edition of Top Empowerment to read more about SA’s BAMs. Email marketing@topempowerment.co.za

Sharing is caring!

shares