Our ordinary shares have been listed on JSE Limited (the JSE) since 1969 and on the Namibian Stock Exchange since 2007. We are a JSE Top 40 company with a market capitalisation of R93 billion as at 31 December 2016. Old Mutual plc is our majority shareholder and has 54,6% ownership of Nedbank Group.
What we offer
- • A wide range of wholesale and retail banking services.
- • A growing insurance, asset management and wealth management offering.
These solutions are offered through our frontline clusters Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking, Nedbank Wealth and the Rest of Africa.
Our presence in South Africa and beyond
- • Nedbank Group’s primary market remains South Africa, however, we are continuing to expand into the rest of Africa.
- • We have a presence in six countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East Africa region where we own subsidiaries and banks in Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, as well as representative offices in Angola and Kenya.
- • In West and Central Africa we follow a partnership approach and concluded the acquisition of an approximate 20% shareholding in Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) in 2014, enabling a unique one-bank experience to our clients across the largest banking network in Africa, comprising more than 2 000 branches in 39 countries.