3rd Annual Top Empowerment Conference
11 – 12 April 2018
Be part of the future of empowerment
Preceding the prestigious Top Empowerment Awards, the Conference previously themed ‘The Future of Empowerment’- enables past Top Empowerment winners, transformation experts and business/government leaders to share their insights on the challenges and opportunities tied into empowerment.
As a delegate, you will come away with workable empowerment action plans, new partnerships and a bold vision for transformation in their sector.
Reasons for Attending
Why should you attend?
- Gain the latest knowledge of developments around the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- Understand today’s challenges in accelerating transformation and empowerment.
- Outline solutions to challenges that your organisation may be able to provide.
- Network with the who’s who in B-BBEE, from policy makers to procurement officers and captains of industry.
- Gain valuable insights on public sector tender processes.
- Develop profitable private-public partnerships (PPPs).
What will the Conference focus on?
Creating a transformed and effective supply chain
Overcoming red tape related to tenders and/or procurement
- Integrating transformation with sustainable business performance
- Skills development and enterprise development
- How the B-BBEE codes affect my business and sector
- Black Industrialist Policy
- SMME’s as the epicentre of economic growth
- Enterprise Development and Strategic Supplier Sourcing
- Expanding Empowerment Compliance
- New Financial Sector Codes
- Assessing Government’s expectations in terms of your BEE status
- Debating Transformation
- Megatrends shaping the future of Africa
- Decentralisation of transformation: Addressing severe social and economic inequalities
- Institutional Redesign of Transformation in South Africa
- The role of the private and public sectors on empowering the youth using technology
Think you have what it takes to hit the 2018
Top Empowerment Conference stage?
Here’s what you need to know to submit a speaking proposal.
To submit a speaking proposal for the 2018 Top Empowerment Conference, we require the following:
- The name, title/position and company of the speaker who will be presenting
- The proposed title of the session along with a narrative description
- A sample PowerPoint presentation (so we can see what kind of slides you create)
- Video of the speaker presenting a session
- Referrals, references and/or recommendations from other conferences and events
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your proposal
CONFERENCE VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS 2018
Hubert Mathanzima Mweli
National Department of Basic Education
Chief Financial Officer – Acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
National Youth Development Agency
Dr Neo Lekgotla laga Ramoupi
Senior Lecturer at Wits School of Education South Africa
CEO and Co-Founder
Motsoaledi & West
Small Enterprise Development Agency (Seda)
Director & Founder
Koen and Associates Architecture
Khanyisile Thandiwe Kweyama
Brand South Africa, SABC Interim Chair & BRICS member
Professor Malegapuru Makgoba
Associate Foreign Member
National Academy of Medicine of the USA
Founder and CEO
The Banking Association South Africa
Dr Thabo Mashongoane
Joburg Property Company
Founder and CEO
Barloworld GM Johannesburg
Divisional Executive Corporate & Investment Banking
South African Entrepreneur, Coach, Speaker, Mentor, and Author
CEO and Director
MicroFinance South Africa (MFSA)
President | Africa & Global
Managing Director | Europe for Duke Corporate Education
Chief Executive Officer & Founder
The Difference Makers Group of Companies
Omni HR Consulting
Kezia Consulting Group
Cape Town Festival
Associate Vice President & Head HR
Aegis Outsourcing South Africa