About Artisans & Skills Training College
ARTISANS & SKILLS TRAINING COLLEGE (ASTC) was established in 2006. It has built a solid track record of developing students for employability. Today Astc is a successful, 100% black owned Level 1 B-BBEE company, proudly located in the bustling hub of Kempton Park, situated close to OR Tambo International airport and Gauteng’s major arterial highways.
During a period of reinvigoration Astc has developed into a leading training institution that effectively equips students with employable skills. Its success lies in Astc’s unique ability to provide relevant training across 26 trades and 146 course programmes.
• Short Skills Courses– accredited and non-accredited
• Skills Programs – accredited
• Learnerships – accredited
• Apprenticeships – accredited
Astc is registered at the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private college. It is also registered at a number of different SETAs, as well as the Quality Council for Tradesand Occupations (QCTO) in respect of the many different trades for which it offers training. The Astc businessmodel is geared towards offering training for individuals, businesses and corporates that need to upskill employees or develop new talent.
Skills training benefits
• A resultant reduction in unemployment naturally leads to the alleviation of poverty and lowers
• Increases the pool of skilled labour.
• More knowledgeable workers enter the jobs market with a higher level of formal and practical
experience to operate as productive employees or entrepreneurs.
• Productive workers contribute positively to their own community.
ASTC’s mission is to train artisans in Technical & Vocational Skills in Partnership with Industry for a growing Economy.
Building Africa one skill at a time.
• To maintain superior training at all times.
• To provide skills training to as many people as possible.
• To contribute to social upliftment.
• To create entrepreneurs.
• Our business is 100% black owned on Level 1 of B-BBEE.
• Our teaching staff are qualified with a wealth of professional knowledge.
• We have a hands-on approach to learning, with a 70% practical skills focus.
• We offer an end-to-end training solutions for all types of clients.
• We are accredited with all the relevant accreditation institutions
Source your trained staff directly from Astc
• Exceptionally qualified workers with a high level of skills.
• Short courseswith maximum training impact and little productivity loss.
• Customised coursesto meet your needs and requirements.
• Life long learning in an industry where technological and industrial demands constantly evolve
• Employers can claim back points on their B-BBEEcertificate for the skillsdevelopment and
preferential procurement category.
Advantages of training non-employees through Astc
• Upliftment of previously disadvantaged individuals.
• You can claim back points on their B-BBEEcertificate for the skillsdevelopment and
preferential procurement category.
• With an employable skill a person positively contributes to their community.
• Unemployment alleviation and poverty relief and the problems associatedwith this.
• Reduction in poverty related crime.
• Reduction of the shortage in skilled labour.
• Equipping individuals with knowledge and practical experience to enter the labour force as
• Sponsor one or more of our graduating students with an entrepreneur start up package and
reap major B-BBEEpoints!