Masana – the Xitsonga name for Sunrise – is a global symbol of new beginnings. In our 12 years of existence, there have been many new beginnings on the road to becoming a petroleum solutions provider. We operate solely in South Africa and are 58.4% black owned.
• Masana is a B2B company whose total workforce comprises of 66% black employees of which 45% are women.
• Through our strategic partnership with BP, Masana is able to access various depots and an extensive national service station network.
• Formed in 2005 by BP, MIC and WDB
• Acquired Castrol Mining Lubricants and BP Chemicals
• New BEE shareholder, Kwanati Consortium, acquires 35% ownership
• Launch of the Masana employee share trust
By steadily building relationships across all industries and with our reputation for quality products and service excellence, Masana’s journey is about fuelling excellence – for our customers and the communities in which we operate.