Training Work delivers a range of training and development programmes that are aimed at developing the competencies and capabilities of young people, local communities; unemployed, corporate agencies and officials in local government and local development agencies .Through our accreditation status we have managed to create number of SMME’s in South Africa.
Learning strategies involves the identification and use of appropriate learning methods. Our learning strategies are mainly defined by the mode of delivery as well as the structuring and sequencing of training. The selection of a learning strategy is underpinned by the need to encourage active, lifelong learning. The learning strategies that we apply therefore encourage learners to:
In addition, the training programmes have been designed in a modular fashion. The modular design ensures that programme delivery is flexible when required and can be tailored to the specific needs of learners.
Training at work provides a range of quality training support materials that have been developed based on the following considerations:
Training at Work (also inscribed as Training@Work) is a training and consulting private company established in 2001. In 2006 the company was converted from a close corporate to a limited private company. The company is 100% woman owned.
To minimise this dependency and contribute to social uplift, Training at Work deployed a
forward integration strategy by directly getting involved in training facilities activities. To realise
this strategic direction, Training at Work established Private College in 2011. The FET business arm is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training and is also accredited with QCTO.
Our goal was to reflect on social entrepreneurship and scale up the growth of Training at Work learning solutions.
In pursuance of the Vision of Training at Work, we will be:
• Contributing towards the alleviation of poverty and sustainable development to
communities through skills development and training by being;
• A provider of excellence;
• Visionary and innovative in our programme offerings in a manner responsive to the needs of
• Providing learning and training that are competency based and find active, sensible and
practical application in the life of the learner;
• A source of advice, assistance and upliftment to the local community;
• Entering into effective partnerships with other relevant stakeholders in order to provide in
the skills requirements of our nation.
• Enabling every young person to engage in proper living standards through education
• Provide Skill and Training to enhance the Creation of Jobs, Business opportunities and viable
employment to young people and the poorest.
Training at Work is committed to:
• Upholding the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa;
• Promoting a culture of teaching, learning and service;
• Fostering the principles of lifelong learning;
• Complying with the prescribed requirements of the NQF
• Playing an active and constructive role in addressing the needs of society;
• Encouraging and fostering the principles of nation building and mutual respect; and
• Promoting professionalism and accountability amongst its staff and students.